Department of Science and Technology, GP Koirala Foundation focuses on scientific research and promote applied sciences and technology programs. We collaborate with independent research centers, different domestic and international universities. The impact of the scientific research must reflect on the industrial sector, production sector and other projects that can contribute to the prosperous Nepal, and hence we collaborate with such industries too. Different scientists around the globe associate in the team for additional guide and direction our intern researcher, fellow researcher and cooperate each other. The universities here in Nepal have very limited resources and technology so that it is difficult for the researcher to work with motivation. Therefore, we will take a step to facilitate and install the required technology from different sources. There are few Professors and department in different universities who sacrificed and gave their full effort professionally in quality research amidst of very limited resources are in our priority for the collaboration. For the deserving students under the supervision of these Professors, we will provide the additional intern space in our lab and connect to the relevant scientist from abroad university. If the idea is innovative and deserves for the publication in impact journal having significant results to the industrial/production sector can be proceeded for the grant. Apart from this, we conduct, seminars, conferences and regular talk programs and summer school to encourage young scientists. Foundation also supports the different scholarships for the deserving candidates of the universities having MoU sign from Nepal in international universities.
Advisors and Researchers at the Science and Technology Department :
Research fellows :-
Recent Activities of the Department of Science and Technology:
- Signing ceremony of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between IoF, TU, and GPKF in the presence of Chairperson of GP Koirala Foundation Hon. Sujata Koirala.
- Signing ceremony of a Letter of Agreement (LoA) between Girija Prasad Koirala Foundation and Research Centre for Applied Science and Technology (RECAT), Tribhuvan University.
- Call for Girija Prasad Koirala Research Fellowship collaboration with RECAST, Tribhuvan University.
- Notice for Girija Prasad Koirala Research Fellowship in collaboration with Institute of Forestry, Tribhuvan University.
- The agreement is made between Girija Prasad Koirala Foundation and Institute of Rubber and Jatropha Research- Nepal.
- News covered by different government newspaper, national newspaper and other media about the agreement between GPKF and IRJR-N .
- गिरिजा प्रसाद कोइराला फाउन्डेसनद्वारा रबर प्लान्टमा जोड।
- मिचिएको संविधान सही ट्रयाकमा ल्याउन संसद पुनर्स्थापना हुनुपर्छ l
- बुद्धशान्तिमा ‘ गिरिजाप्रसाद कोइराला एग्रो टुरिजम रबर ग्राम’ घोषणा
- ‘रबर खेतीका पिता’ झापामा सम्मानित
- जीपी कोइराला मेमोरिअल कलेज चाबहिलको आठौ स्थापना दिवसको अवसरमा फाउन्डेसन अध्यक्ष मा सुजाता कोइरालाबाट शुभकामना ब्यक्त।